Jun 3, 2007

Ready for a little bit of a rant?


So, in short, my bank is driving me mad. I have no clue if all of this mess is my bank's fault, or my fault, or Vanguard's fault, but I'm really pissed off and to be honest I feel a bit bipolar about my whole financial situation right now.

Remember those two accounts I opened at Vanguard for $3000 each? The ones that were slowly but surely gaining interest that had me jumping for joy?

Well, I come home today to check my accounts over on my portfolio on BoA... and what do I see? They're gone. Somehow my bank decided to buy negative shares back so now my investments are back to 0. I have no idea what's going on. The mutual fund purchases were never posted to my checking account. But Vanguard's site said they transferred. What is going on?

I called BoA and the woman I talked to didn't understand anything. Of course it's 8:30 on a Sunday night so customer service is closed.

Btw, two days ago they apparently turned off my debit card for "suspicious activity." I've yet to have it turned back on. I decided that my transfers of $6000 to Vanguard must have freaked out BoA, but according to the person I talked to on their help line, the activity on my account should not effect my debit card and vice versa.

I appreciate my bank trying to protect me from fraudulent activity, but gosh, the reason I haven't moved my cash to an online bank is because I like being able to go in to a banking center for help. Except the banking centers these days, at least BoA's banking centers, are entirely useless. I mean, there are some nice people who work there, and I even found a BoA that has cookies to munch on while you're waiting. That's nice. I like cookies. But what I don't like is how difficult it is to manage such simple things like transferring my money to an outside mutual fund. I mean, it seemed like such a concept was alien to this customer service woman. She couldn't quite grasp the idea of someone transferring her money FROM a checking account TO a mutual fund.

Oy.

Ok, my rant is just about done now because there's nothing I can do until the morning when I'll have the opportunity to call up customer service and whine to them. I e-mailed Vanguard because maybe they can tell me more than what BoA doesn't understand.

I'm really getting fed up with BoA. It sucks, because I do like having a local banking center where I can deposit my funds. And I LOVE my mini BoA debit card for my keychain - I use it all the time and... I really think I'm the only person in the entire world taking advantage of the miniature debit card because every time I present it as a form of payment, the person ringing up the bill laughs out loud and says something along the lines of "wow, is this real?"

Anyway, I'm just really sad that the $30 some-odd dollars I supposedly made last week on my mutual fund is no more. I'm not even going to get hopeful about Vanguard being able to somehow place the purchase date on May 30 so the interest remains the same.

*end rant.*



2 comments:

GoldnSilver said...

I am sorry you were so frustrated.

Btw, thanks of your comment on my site. I am going to link your site to mine, you can link me if you like.

Sarah said...

I had one of those mini debit cards!! I used it literally until it fell off my keychain. Do they still offer them? Cause I would so get one again. It's so convenient for when you just need to grab three things at the store after the gym and don't want to take your purse!

Also, my housing makes up 50% of my take home pay too, so don't feel bad.

Post a Comment