Jan 20, 2009

Makeup Settlement and free designer perfume? Yes, please.

My mom has a bad habit of forwarding me spam e-mails. So when I first got an e-mail about a "makeup settlement" I figured it was a fake. But I was intrigued, so I did a little Google research and found out that, indeed, department stores like Macys and Bloomingdales would be giving away free designer makeup... a $175M class action settlement that basically results in these companies giving away one free makeup item to anyone who wants it. Well, you're supposed to have bought makeup at the store from 1994 to 2001 or something, but they aren't checking.

So this morning, I went to Macys. I actually went to look for a new shirt for work, but I was also curious what this free makeup chaos would look like. It was, as I expected, chaotic. They had a line that went out into the mall when I arrived. So I decided to do my shopping first.

About an hour or so later, the line had died down. It was actually pretty short, about 15 people, so I got in line and was handed a "menu" of the free products. I had no idea which to get... they were mostly body wash and lotion and such. I decided on a 15ml bottle of Christian Dior d'adore perfume.

A lot of stores are giving away free goodies as long as supplies last all across the country. It's probably not worth an hour wait in line, but if you can find a store with a short line, go for it.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fabulous, thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

It's all nice that so many people were able to get free cosmetics. But what about the people who work and could not get there when the store opened. I tried and everyone said they were all gone. I couldn't take off work and go to let's say Macy's. I just think it was unfair but there is nothing I can do now.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic website you have here. The online community will greatly benefit from your efforts. Please when you have time do check out my site for insights on Perfume Cologne and how to get discount perfume gifts sets for less.

Post a Comment