Dec 23, 2008

I Hate Home Depot

(Home Depot rebates ARE A SCAM. I will never buy any big-ticket items from them again.)

Home Depot owes me a $60 rebate. My boyfriend and I bought our good friend a dishwasher for her birthday in August, and chose to spend a little more that we had originally intended to because of the rebate offer. So I got her a $399 dishwasher, plus spent $60 on delivery, and another $50 or so on parts. The dishwasher had a $60 rebate if you ordered delivery, so I paid, filled out the rebate forms online and thought I'd be receiving my rebate shortly.

Yea, right. Rebates are designed to screw you out of your money. They make you jump through so many hoops, eventually it's just not worth your time to pursue the matter further.

This sort of bullshit really works me up, though. I've been corresponding back and forth with a woman in the customer service department and getting nowhere fast. My last e-mail with "Bianca" informed me that I need to e-mail them a JPG attachment of my receipt to prove that I, indeed, paid for delivery along with my purchase.

So I took a screenshot of the e-mailed receipts Home Depot mailed to me as I bought the dishwasher and confirmation on my rebate submission. I have a feeling that's not what they're looking for, though. The bad news is that since the dishwasher was delivered to my friend, any sort of hard copy receipt that came with it is either lost or gone. I never saw it. But I paid for it. On my credit card. And Home Depot e-mailed me confirmations left and right about all these things. Then they e-mailed me saying I don't qualify for the rebate because I didn't pay for the delivery. Fuck that. I paid for delivery. And a whole bunch of other crap.

Moral of the story - rebates are evil, Home Depot's customer service department blows, and I'm going to keep blogging on how much Home Depot sucks until I get my rebate.



3 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I don't trust rebates at all unless they're instant

Persistence is key, they say!

Revanche said...

Good luck with the rebate!

Sort of OT: I'm very impressed by the selection of a dishwasher for your friend, so practical and I'm sure she really appreciated it!

Anonymous said...

Dear Home Depot Customer,

On behalf of The Home Depot I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in regard to your rebate processing with our company.
Please know that it is The Home Depot’s goal to satisfy all of our customers with our products and services. We look forward to assisting you and your family with all of your future home improvement needs. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Christian L. Sagna

Agent Expert

2455 Paces Ferry Road/B-3
Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: (770) 433-8211 or 800-654-0688 x84861
Fax: (770) 384-5038

Post a Comment