Dec 22, 2008

Today, I'm Thankful For...

Like any other gal who grew up in an upper middle class family, I lust after the finer things in life. Yet a pair of $1000 Christian Louboutin heals, as lovely as they may be, won't provide a smidgen of the happiness that I get from the free things in life. (Ok, maybe they will, but only for a few seconds before they start to hurt.)

In that mindset, and to offset my typical Jew whining, I'm going to try to post about one thing in my life that's free that makes me happy. I challenge you to do the same thing if you have your own blog, and post your links here so I can check them out and feature you on my next "thankful" post.

Today, I'm thankful for... Trees. I'm no tree-loving hippie, but trees (and grass and all of natures greenery) makes life so much more pleasant. The condo complex I live in these days is full of 'em, and they make me smile every time I walk outside or look out my window. I sometimes wonder what the earth would look like if trees didn't appear by the miracle of science and evolution. There'd be no shade to protect us from the sun and it would be tough for our air to be breathable.

When I did a Birthright Israel program this summer, our tour guide - who was practically a rabbi with his wise tales - spoke a lot of the symbolism of trees, and shade. Trees are free to sit under, to eat from, and to enjoy from afar. They are the wonderful gift that I'm thankful for today.

Q & you A: What free thing are you thankful for today? Post your answer on your blog and link back to it in a response.



0 comments:

Post a Comment