Jan 30, 2009

I've Got $7 in my pocket...

I'm a person of extremes. I eat basically nothing, or, alternately, everything in site. I work my ass off and stay up all night to get projects done, perfectly, or I barely lift a finger. Same goes for my finances. It's not the healthiest way of living, but it sure works a charm when I'm on the more positive end of it.

This month, I've been extremely frugal. Well, not in the sense of purchasing two pairs of jeans. One, my favorite brand, was on sale at the local mall for $100 and I couldn't resist. I actually thought it was another style, which I realized it wasn't, so I promptly went on eBay and bought a "slightly damaged" pair of the ones I actually wanted for $70. Given that the original pair I bought last year cost me $170 for one, I felt good about setting up this two-for-one designer jeans deal.

Regardless, that was really my only big spend in the past month. I've also been frugal about eating, in ways I probably shouldn't be. I tend to go for as long as possible without buying food. Around the house, that's fine, I still have some random frozen things and tuna. But I'm never home. At work, sometimes I'll work straight through lunch, and live off the various snacks in the office. Lucky for me, at least my work provides some granola bar-type things. Still, not healthy for mealtime, but I survive.

I'll be posting my January spending charts soon. Lately, I thought about making a goal to reach $50k in Net Worth by the end of the year. I'm still trying to figure out if that's obtainable. I need to see what my Net Worth is after taxes this year, and then make a plan. I may not be in debt, but I can still live like I'm getting out of debt, so I can one day buy a house.



0 comments:

Post a Comment