Jan 8, 2009

Time to Celebrate!

I don't have much time to write, but I needed to update to say -- I just got a major promotion and am extremely excited about what that means all around. For the first time in my life, I have a full time gig that I love, that pays well, with people who I respect and admire, in an office that's cute, and easy to get to, where I have the opportunity to make a difference, and grow, at least on a professional skills level (there really isn't much room for me to grow on a "level" basis in an 8-person company), and...


For the first time in my life my "got the job" excitement isn't fear about failure. It's excitement about success. I think I might have got it right this time.

Negotiation for more money was a little awkward (when isn't it?) but I got an extra $2k out of the deal. Not shabby. I'm going to try to put a lot of money away for retirement this year. And to save for grad school. If I can make it at least 2 years at this company, I can save quite a bit of money. I paid off my small credit card debt the other day, with my next paycheck I will pay my boyfriend back the $180 I owe him, and then my debts will be gone. Just need to get through this month (I have $74 in my bank account right now, eeks!)



1 comments:

Revanche said...

Congratulations! That's great news after all the previous concerns about health and job stability.

Post a Comment