Dec 11, 2007

Help Me Sort Out My Tax Mess

How on earth am I going to figure out what I owe for taxes this year?

Can't I have one year where my taxes are straight-forward?

I guess not.

So... I have absolutely no idea how much I've made this year. Some of my income has been taxed, some has not. I hate having to wait for those 1099's to come in the mail to figure out what I've made. I should have kept better track of things, but it's too late for that this time around.

Here's a guesstimate of taxable income...

startup a: $1275
startup b: $3300 (1 month)
marketing firm: $2,275
-------------------------------------------------
$6850 not taxed yet.

Plus...
Pre-Taxed income:

Job 1: $12430 ($35k/year)
[$656 a month taken out in taxes??? Or $3283.33]
Job 2: $8028 ($50k/year)
[$2973 taken out in taxes total]

--------------------------------------------------

So I've had $6256 taken out as taxes already??? Possibly.

--------------------------------------------------

So how much tax am I going to owe?

Oy, I'm confused.



1 comments:

Megan said...

My situation is nowhere near as complex as yours, but I also have no idea how much money I made last year that wasn't taxed. I'm making that a 2008 goal - track income and taxes much better.

Of course, that's little help now!

Post a Comment