Jan 1, 2008

Hello 2008!

2008, here we all come. I'm actually excited about the coming year. I feel like things are actually falling into place. I love my job (here's to hoping I can keep it past the date my contract expires) and I'm finally directing a show on my own. I'm equally excited about both of these opportunities.

My health is getting better by the day. My new obsession are vitamin supplements. I spent most of New Years Eve at Longs Drugs as I studied the vitamin aisle. I spent too much on vitamins and other things. But to be honest all of these random pills of vitamin bliss make me feel better. And hopefully in the long run they will help my health, which will make my medical bills cheaper.

And... I worked out at home yesterday on my new stability ball and my arms and belly are in pain. Yeay! I love how being in pain is a good thing when you're trying to get fit. My arms are just killing me. So much for "free" workouts, but stability balls cost about $20 and they basically provide you with all you'd need for a workout. I ended up buying some weights, resistance bands and the ball, so I'll have no excuse to avoid working out in the coming year.

I hope, by 2009, I will have a flat stomach and a lot less fat on my thighs. I guess that's a New Years resolution. But I'm seriously going to keep it.

I vow to start focusing on actually saving my money, and not spending it on needless things. I'm going to be on time (10 minutes early) to everything, unless its like a party that I should be late to. I will be a good girlfriend... no more mood swings and being afraid of a long term relationship and trying to push my bf away. No more alcohol (besides the occasional glass of red wine with dinner). No more giant desserts. Focusing on the now, not tomorrow, or the next day. Making friends and keeping friends. Not hitting on my friends. ;P

It's going to be a good year. A great year. And I'm ready for it.



1 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Good luck with your vitamin supplements. I'm still struggling to take a one a day vitamin!

I would recommend a jump rope for your at home gym. It's great exercise. Plus, it helps with coordination. 10 minutes of jump roping can burn over 100 calories. It's a great way to keep your heart rate up between strength training sets...plus, you can buy one for under $5!

Post a Comment